USA is proud to offer a strong complement of core academic
courses, such as Advanced Biology, Chemistry, Physics,
Functions/Statistics/Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, Advanced English
for both juniors and seniors and Advanced History. USA students who
participated in these courses experienced significant increases in
their MEAP and ACT scores.
Many students graduate with college credits beyond the USA
courses, therefore we provide Dual Enrollment opportunities through
Saginaw Valley State University , Baker College , Delta College ,
and Davenport University .
Through our partnership with Michigan Virtual High School , we
also offer a full complement of AP courses, foreign languages
(Latin, Chinese, German and French) and other unique classes, such
as Astronomy, Oceanography, Forensic Science, Business Ethics and
American Film Survey! The online learning environment is the wave of
the future and we already have several years of student success in
USA supports advanced technological opportunities for our students. A well-trained teaching staff that embraces technology uses it to enhance instruction on a daily basis. At USA, we understand that instruction must be differentiated and include the use of technology to meet the needs of this generation. The high school supports:
- Two mobile Chromebook Carts with 30 Chromebooks each
- Two state of the art 30 seat computer labs and a 20+ seat computer lab for online learning and virtual university courses
- The district has a dedicated 60 Mbps connection to the internet where teachers can expose their students to the many learning opportunities offered through virtual field trips and other 21st century learning skills
- A digital yearbook classroom where students are exposed to the latest software and equipment to design, produce and market a DVD yearbook or library with the capability of extended research through MeL, the Michigan Electronic Library and E-books
- Virtual High School is an online learning lab where students can sign up to take classes that are not presently offered within our curriculum.
- In an effort to improve communication with the home, teachers report student progress via the Internet and the Student Information System.